- The proper positioning or adjustment of parts in relation to each other.
- The state of being in agreement or accord with someone or something else.
Late middle english: from old french alineement, from aliner 'to align'.
- The alignment of the wheels is critical for the safe operation of the car.
- The political alignment of the two countries has changed over the years.
- In yoga, proper alignment of the body is essential for avoiding injury.
- The alignment of the planets influences their gravitational interactions and can affect their orbits.
- The alignment of one's personal values with those of their employer is important for job satisfaction.