- Arranged in the order of the letters of the alphabet.
- Relating to or expressed by means of an alphabet.
Late 16th century: from medieval latin alphabeticus, from greek alphabētos "the alphabet", from alpha + bēta "the first two letters".
- The dictionary was arranged alphabetically by word.
- The phone directory was listed in alphabetical order by last name.
- The teacher asked the students to put the words in alphabetical order.
- The list of ingredients was presented in alphabetical order.
- The new software allows you to search for a contact in alphabetical order.