- Relating to love, especially romantic love.
- Expressed in or concerned with love or love-making.
Derived from the latin word 'amare' which means 'to love'.
- The couple wrote each other amatory letters during their long-distance relationship.
- He was known for his amatory poetry that was filled with passion and emotion.
- The movie was an amatory drama that explored the complexities of love and relationships.
- She recited an amatory sonnet at their wedding ceremony, declaring her love and devotion.
- The paintings on the walls of the palace were amatory in nature, depicting scenes of love and affection.