Of or relating to the immediate surroundings of something or someone; surrounding.
Late 19th century: from latin ambient- "surrounding", from the verb ambire "to go around".
- The ambient temperature was comfortable, with a gentle breeze blowing.
- The ambient light was low, with only a few flickering candles providing illumination.
- The ambient noise level was high, with the sound of traffic and construction causing distractions.
- The artist was inspired by the ambient beauty of nature, incorporating natural materials into his work.
- The ambient music played softly in the background, creating a relaxing atmosphere.