- Willing to comply or willing to be persuaded or to negotiate.
- Easy to deal with, manage or talk to.
Late middle english (in the sense "answerable"): from old french amener, from a- (from latin ad "to, at") + mener "to lead", from latin minare "to drive".
- The company was amenable to change and open to new ideas.
- The child was amenable and easy to discipline.
- The employee was amenable to working overtime.
- The manager was amenable to the idea of a flexible schedule.
- The government was amenable to the demands of the protesters.
Some random words: drollery, decomposition, arm