Items, artifacts, or cultural expressions that are distinctive of America or the Americans.
Early 19th century: from american + -ana, on the pattern of other collectives.
- The museum featured an exhibition of Americana, including vintage cars and quilts.
- The store specialized in selling Americana, such as old postcards and license plates.
- The Americana music festival featured a variety of traditional American musical styles.
- The Americana art exhibit displayed paintings and sculptures by American artists.
- The Americana literature collection included classics like Mark Twain and John Steinbeck.