A radioactive element with the atomic number 95, used in smoke detectors and portable X-ray machines.
Named after america, where it was first synthesized.
- Americium is a metal with a silvery appearance and is highly radioactive.
- The smoke detectors use americium to detect the presence of smoke.
- The use of americium in portable X-ray machines allows doctors to perform scans in remote locations.
- The discovery of americium was a significant milestone in the field of nuclear science.
- The radioactivity of americium makes it dangerous to handle without proper protection.
Some random words: hollow, corrective, specialist