A person affected by amnesia; someone with a partial or total loss of memory.
Originated in the mid-20th century, from 'amnesia'.
- The amnesiac could not remember anything about his past.
- The accident left her an amnesiac, unable to recall even the simplest details.
- The film tells the story of an amnesiac who wakes up with no memory of who he is.
- The patient was diagnosed as an amnesiac and given treatment to improve his memory.
- The amnesiac struggled to piece together his fragmented memories.