- Relating to the fluid in the amniotic sac that surrounds a developing fetus in the uterus.
- Relating to or characteristic of the amniotic fluid or sac.
The word 'amniotic' comes from the greek word 'amnion' which means 'a bag or membrane in which a fetus is suspended in the uterus.'.
- The doctors monitored the amniotic fluid levels closely.
- The amniotic fluid was tested for any signs of infection.
- The amniotic sac provided a safe and protective environment for the fetus.
- An amniotic fluid infusion was performed to help prolong the pregnancy.
- The amniotic membrane had ruptured, indicating that labor was imminent.