- Relating to or using signals or information represented by a continuously variable physical quantity such as spatial position, voltage, etc.
- Similar or equivalent to something else in function or form.
Mid 17th century: from greek analogos "proportionate, having a common ratio", from ana- "upon" + logos "ratio".
- The analog signal was converted to digital format.
- Analog watches are becoming less common because of digital watches.
- The analog circuit was replaced by a digital circuit.
- Analog recording uses a continuous signal to record sound.
- The analog computer was replaced by a digital computer.