A male television presenter who introduces and coordinates a news program.
The word 'anchorman' originated in the 1960s as a term for the main male presenter of a television news program.
- He was the anchorman for the evening news.
- The anchorman was known for his distinctive voice.
- The anchorman was a familiar face to the viewers.
- The anchorman was respected for his journalistic integrity.
- The anchorman delivered the news with poise and professionalism.
Some random words: brisk, denigration, demote