- Based on or consisting of anecdotes, or short and often amusing or interesting stories about a real incident or person.
- Not scientifically proven or verified; based on personal observation or experience.
From latin anecdotalis, from greek anekdotos "not published", from an- "not" + ekdotos "published".
- The evidence presented was largely anecdotal and lacked scientific rigor.
- The book was filled with anecdotal stories about the author's travels.
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that the new medication has a positive effect on patients.
- The report relied heavily on anecdotal information rather than data.
- The speaker's talk was filled with anecdotal examples to illustrate her points.
Some random words: stuff, crematorium, narrate