A physician who specializes in administering anesthesia and managing pain during medical procedures.
Late 19th century: from anesthesia + -ologist.
- The anesthesiologist was responsible for monitoring the patient's vital signs during the surgery.
- Anesthesiologists play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and comfort of patients during medical procedures.
- Before the procedure, the patient met with the anesthesiologist to discuss their medical history and the type of anesthesia that would be used.
- Anesthesiology is a highly specialized field that requires years of training and education.
- The anesthesiologist was highly regarded by both patients and fellow physicians for their expertise and compassion.