The medical specialty concerned with the administration of anesthetics and the management of pain.
New latin, from an- + greek -esthesiology (as in anesthesia).
- Anesthesiology is a critical field in modern medicine, allowing for safe and effective surgical procedures.
- Anesthesiologists are responsible for ensuring that patients remain comfortable and pain-free during surgical procedures.
- The field of anesthesiology has advanced significantly in recent years, with the development of new anesthetic drugs and techniques.
- Anesthesiology requires extensive education and training, including both medical school and a residency in the field.
- The role of anesthesiologists has become increasingly complex, as they are now responsible for managing a variety of medical conditions in addition to providing anesthesia.