- Relating to the English people or the English language.
- Relating to the Anglo-Saxon peoples or cultures, particularly in relation to Latin America, the United States and Canada where it refers to people of English descent.
From anglo-saxon, from old english angli, the angles, one of the germanic tribes that migrated to britain in the 5th and 6th centuries.
- He was of Anglo-Saxon descent.
- The Anglo-Saxon culture was dominant in early England.
- The Anglo-American alliance was strong during the war.
- The Anglo-Saxon influence on the English language is still evident today.
- The Anglo community in the US is diverse and includes people from different backgrounds.
Some random words: frontage, slacks, displeasure