A long-haired breed of rabbit or goat with a soft, thick coat.
Mid-17th century, from french angora, from angora, the former name of ankara, turkey.
- The angora rabbit is known for its soft, fluffy fur.
- Angora wool is a luxury fiber often used in high-end clothing.
- The Angora goat is a breed of domestic goat originating in the Ankara region of Turkey.
- Angora rabbits are often kept as pets and their fur is used to make yarn.
- Angora goats are known for their soft, fluffy hair which is used to make wool.