Relating to or characterized by animism; the belief that non-human entities possess a spiritual essence.
From the latin anima meaning "breath, soul" and the suffix -istic meaning "relating to".
- Animistic beliefs are often associated with traditional societies and religions.
- Many animistic cultures have a deep reverence for nature.
- Animistic rituals and ceremonies are often performed to honor the spirits of the natural world.
- The animistic worldview holds that everything in nature is interconnected.
- Animistic practices often involve the use of symbols, such as totems, to represent spiritual entities.