- The state of being anonymous.
- The state of being unknown or unacknowledged.
Mid 16th century (in the sense "namelessness, obscurity"): from anonymous + -ity.
- The witness was granted anonymity.
- He preferred to publish his research under a pseudonym to maintain his anonymity.
- Online anonymity can be both a blessing and a curse.
- People are often more willing to share personal information online when they are granted anonymity.
- The author published the book under a pseudonym to preserve his anonymity.