A chemical element with the symbol Sb and atomic number 51. It is a silvery-white metal that is used in alloys, batteries, and flame-proofing compounds.
Late middle english: via old french from latin antimonium, from greek antimonion, perhaps based on a supposed arabic original.
- Antimony is a chemical element that is found in minerals and has been used by humans for thousands of years.
- The most common use of antimony today is in the production of lead-acid batteries for automobiles.
- Antimony alloys are also used to make pewter and solder.
- Antimony compounds are used as flame retardants in plastics and textiles.
- Due to its toxic effects on the human body, exposure to antimony should be limited.
Some random words: lutheran, pardner, assemblywoman