A cosmetic preparation applied to the skin to reduce sweating, especially in the armpits.
Early 20th century: from anti- + perspirant (from perspire 'to sweat').
- Antiperspirants contain ingredients that help to reduce sweat and prevent odor.
- Most antiperspirants are applied to the skin as a gel, cream, or spray.
- Antiperspirants are an essential part of many people's daily grooming routines.
- Some antiperspirants contain additional fragrances or deodorants to enhance their odor-fighting capabilities.
- There is a growing concern about the safety of certain antiperspirants and their possible link to various health issues.