A serum used to counteract the effects of venom from snakebites or insect stings.
From anti- "against" + venom, meaning a toxic substance secreted by animals such as snakes, spiders and scorpions.
- The antivenin was administered to the patient as soon as possible to neutralize the venom.
- The antivenin is made from the venom of the snake that bit the patient.
- He was given antivenin to neutralize the venom from the snake bite.
- Antivenin can be used to treat venom from a variety of snakes, spiders and insects.
- Antivenin treatments have saved many lives from venomous bites and stings.