- To express regret or remorse for something.
- To make an apology or excuse for something.
- To acknowledge and express remorse for a mistake or offense.
Late 16th century (in the sense "make a defense"): via french from greek apologizesthai "speak in defense", from apo- "from" + logos "speech".
- I apologize for my behavior last night, I was out of line.
- She apologized for being late, traffic was terrible.
- He apologized for the mistake and promised it wouldn't happen again.
- The company issued an apology for the inconvenience caused by the outage.
- The politician apologized for the offensive remarks he made during the debate.
Some random words: chromium, versatility, martini