- A covering for the head, typically made of cloth.
- A protective cover or seal for the end of a tube or pipe.
- A top or upper limit, beyond which something cannot or should not exceed.
Old english cæppe, of germanic origin; related to dutch kap and german kappe.
- He was wearing a baseball cap.
- I need a new cap for my pen.
- The government has set a cap on the number of refugees that can be accepted.
- The cap of a mushroom is the upper part that covers the stem.
- The cap of a bottle is used to seal the contents.