- A tropical tree (Anacardium occidentale) that produces a kidney-shaped nut and a sweet, juicy fruit.
- The nut of this tree, which is often roasted and salted and used as a snack food or ingredient in cooking.
From portuguese caju, from tupi ka"i"u.
- The cashew tree is native to Brazil and is now grown in many tropical countries.
- The cashews were roasted and salted to make a delicious snack.
- The chef used cashews to make a creamy sauce for the pasta.
- The cashew fruit is also used to make juice and wine.
- Cashews are a good source of protein, healthy fats, and minerals.