- A small wheel or ball mounted in a socket or housing, enabling an object to be moved easily.
- A device that allows an object to be rolled around.
- A small wheel or rollers that are attached to the bottom of a piece of furniture to make it easier to move.
Early 17th century: from french casseur, from casser "to break", from latin quassare.
- The chair had casters on the bottom so it could be easily moved around.
- The table had casters on the legs so it could be easily moved.
- The casters on the bottom of the cart make it easy to move it around.
- The casters are used to move the heavy equipment around.
- The casters on the bottom of the piano made it easy to move it to a different room.