The state of being certain or having a high degree of confidence in something; freedom from doubt or hesitation.
The word certitude is derived from the latin word certitudo, which means certainty, referring to the state of being certain or having a high degree of confidence in something.
- He spoke with certitude, leaving no room for doubt.
- She had a strong sense of certitude in her beliefs.
- He had a certitude that he was right.
- She acted with certitude, taking decisive action.
- He had a certitude that he could achieve his goals.