- A requirement or condition that must be met or achieved in order to do something.
- A skill or attribute that makes a person suitable for a particular job or task.
- An official document or certificate that attests to the successful completion of an educational course or examination.
From the latin word qualificare meaning "to make of good quality" or "to qualify".
- He met all the qualifications for the job.
- She has the qualifications to be a doctor.
- The qualification for the exam was a high school diploma.
- He had the necessary qualifications to be a pilot.
- She is currently working on her qualifications to become a teacher.