- Relating to or used in chemotherapy, the treatment of disease by means of chemicals that have a selective toxic effect on the disease-causing microorganisms or cancer cells.
- Relating to the use of chemical compounds to treat disease.
From the greek word chemeia ("chemistry") + therapeutikos ("tending to hea.l")
- He received a chemotherapeutic treatment to combat the cancer cells.
- The chemotherapeutic drug was administered intravenously.
- The patient had to undergo a series of chemotherapeutic treatments.
- The chemotherapeutic treatment had severe side effects.
- The chemotherapeutic agent targeted specific cancer cells, leaving healthy cells unharmed.