The small intestine of a pig, cleaned, boiled, and often fried, typically considered a delicacy in some cultures.
From old english citerling, from latin citer, from greek khitōn (intestine).
- The traditional Southern dish of chitterlings is made from the small intestine of a pig.
- Chitterlings are a delicacy in some cultures.
- I'm not sure if I want to try chitterlings, they are considered a delicacy but also a bit controversial.
- Chitterlings must be cleaned and boiled before eating to ensure they are safe to consume.
- Chitterlings are a popular dish in many southern states, especially during the holidays.