A salad consisting of finely shredded cabbage and often carrots, dressed with mayonnaise or a vinegar-based dressing.
Late 19th century; earliest use found in the ohio farmer. from dutch koolsla, from kool cabbage + sla salad.
- The coleslaw was a tangy and crunchy side dish that complemented the barbecue perfectly.
- She added a touch of honey to the dressing to give the coleslaw a touch of sweetness.
- The vegetarian coleslaw made a healthy and satisfying lunch option.
- The creamy coleslaw was a hit at the potluck and several people asked for the recipe.
- The coleslaw was a staple at deli sandwiches and added a refreshing crunch to the sandwich.