- A picture or design made by sticking cut-out pieces of paper, fabric, or other materials onto a flat surface.
- A technique of making a picture or design by sticking cut-out pieces of material onto a flat surface.
Early 20th century: from french, literally "gluing", based on coller "to glue".
- The artist created a collage using pieces of paper from old magazines.
- The collage was a creative expression of the artist's imagination.
- The collage was a mix of different textures and colors.
- The collage was mounted on a canvas to preserve it.
- The collage was a unique form of art that combined different materials.