- A person who provides spoken or written explanations or analysis of a text or event.
- A person who provides a series of explanations or annotations of a text or event.
From the latin word "commentator" meaning "one who comments".
- The commentator provided a detailed analysis of the game's strategies and tactics.
- The book includes a commentary by the author on his life and work.
- He wrote a commentary on the Bible as a commentator.
- The film's commentary track featured the director as commentator discussing the making of the movie.
- Many believe that the commentator on the text was more interesting than the text itself.