Having the same center, or having circles with the same center.
The word 'concentric' is derived from the latin word 'concentricus' meaning 'having a common center.
- The concentric rings on the surface of a tree trunk show its age.
- The concentric circles in the target are used to measure accuracy in archery.
- Concentric muscles help to move the joints in the human body.
- The design of the temple was based on concentric squares.
- The concentric walls of the castle were built for added protection.