Relating to or serving to connect or link things together.
The word 'connective' comes from the latin word 'connectere' meaning 'to bind together or join.'.
- The connective tissue binds the different organs together in the body.
- The new bridge served as a connective transportation route between the two cities.
- The connective words in a sentence help to link the ideas and concepts together.
- The connective wire joined the two electrical circuits together.
- The connective fibers in the muscles are essential for movement and control.