- Thought or consideration given to something.
- Careful thought, typically over a period of time.
- A matter taken into account in making a decision or reaching a judgement.
- A payment, fee, or other compensation made to someone in return for something.
Late middle english: from old french, or from latin consideratio(n-), from the verb considerare (see consider).
- The proposal is under consideration.
- The company is under consideration for the contract.
- We will take your suggestions into consideration.
- The proposal was rejected without consideration.
- The company offered a considerable sum as a consideration for the deal.