- Familiar with a particular subject or field; knowledgeable.
- Having experience or knowledge of a particular subject or field.
- Having had experience with or knowledge of a particular subject or field.
From the latin conversari meaning "to associate with" or "to keep company with".
- She is conversant with the latest research in her field.
- He is conversant in several languages.
- The lawyer was conversant with the laws of the state.
- The engineer was conversant with the latest technology.
- The doctor was conversant with the latest treatments.