- A sideboard or cabinet, typically one without legs, used for storage, especially in a dining room.
- A piece of office furniture with shelves and drawers for storing documents and equipment.
Italian, from medieval latin credentia, from latin credere to believe.
- The credenza in the dining room held all the table linens and silverware.
- She kept her important papers in the locked drawers of her credenza.
- He used the credenza as a bar during parties.
- The Credenza was where they kept all the china.
- In the conference room, a credenza held the computer and printer.