- A building or facility in which dead bodies are cremated.
- A place where the ashes of the dead are interred or scattered.
Late 19th century: from latin crematus, past participle of cremare "burn", + -orium.
- The family decided to have the deceased person cremated at the crematorium.
- The crematorium was located on the outskirts of the city.
- The ashes of the deceased were scattered in the gardens of the crematorium.
- It was a modern crematorium with state-of-the-art equipment.
- The crematorium was a somber place, where the family said their final goodbye.