- A support for the hand used to help a person walk when they have a problem with their legs.
- A support used to help a person walk when they are injured or disabled.
- Something that is relied on too much to support something else.
From old english crutch, meaning a staff or support.
- He walked with a crutch because of his broken leg.
- She used crutches after her surgery.
- The company was using the new product as a crutch for their failing business.
- The crutches helped him to get around after his injury.
- The crutch helped him to stand up.