- A piece of furniture, typically with shelves and doors, used for storing food, crockery, and other household items.
- A small space or compartment, especially one in a kitchen or bathroom, used for storage.
Late middle english: from old english cūbord, from cūfe "cask" + bord "board".
- He opened the cupboard to get a glass.
- She cleaned out the cupboards before the move.
- The cupboard was filled with old dishes.
- The kitchen cupboards were made of solid wood.
- The bathroom cupboard held extra towels and toiletries.