- A medical condition characterized by inflammation of the bladder, often caused by a bacterial infection.
- It is an infection or inflammation of the urinary bladder.
From the greek κύστις (kýstis, "bladder") and -itis, meaning inflammation of the bladder.
- Cystitis is a common condition, especially in women.
- Symptoms of cystitis include a frequent urge to urinate and a burning sensation when urinating.
- Cystitis can be treated with antibiotics and pain relievers.
- Drinking plenty of water can help prevent cystitis.
- Cystitis is a common but uncomfortable condition that affects many people every year.