- A light spear that is thrown as a weapon or in athletic competition.
- A spear-like object used in the sport of track and field, where the objective is to throw it as far as possible.
Derived from the old french word 'javeline' meaning 'a lance or spear'. a javelin is a light spear that is thrown as a weapon or in athletic competition.
- The ancient warriors used the javelin as a primary weapon for hunting and warfare.
- The javelin thrower was competing for a place on the Olympic team.
- The javelin flew through the air with remarkable accuracy and speed.
- The javelin landed in the center of the target, earning the athlete a personal best.
- The javelin was made of a lightweight composite material that allowed it to be thrown with great force.