- A feeling of resentment or bitterness that arises when someone has something or someone that one desires.
- A feeling of resentment or bitterness that arises when someone"s relationship or status is perceived as being superior to one"s own.
Middle english: from old french jalousie, from jalous "jealous", from jaloux (see jealous).
- Jealousy can be a destructive emotion.
- The jealousy between the sisters was palpable.
- Her jealousy was evident when she saw them together.
- Jealousy can cause people to do terrible things.
- Jealousy can ruin relationships.