- A device consisting of two mirrors placed at an angle of 60 degrees to each other, used for producing changing patterns of colored light and shapes.
- A constantly changing pattern or sequence of events or ideas.
From greek καλός (kalós) meaning "beautiful" and εἶδος (eîdos) meaning "form, shape".
- She looked through the kaleidoscope and was mesmerized by the beautiful patterns of light.
- The political landscape of the country was a kaleidoscope of different parties and ideologies.
- The designer used a kaleidoscope of colors to create a vibrant and dynamic look for the fashion collection.
- The kaleidoscope of life is never dull, always changing and ever-fascinating.
- He held the kaleidoscope up to the light and twisted the end to create different designs.