- A type of small boat with a closed deck and a cockpit in which the paddler sits facing forward, typically propelled by a double-bladed paddle.
- A recreational activity of using kayak on water bodies such as rivers or lakes.
Inuit kayak "man"s boat", from kay "skin" + ak "boat".
- The kayaker paddled down the river with great skill.
- He rented a kayak to explore the lake.
- The kayak was made of a strong and durable plastic material.
- The kayak was designed for one person but could accommodate two.
- The kayak was lightweight and easy to carry.