- Make (a garment or fabric) by interlocking loops of yarn or thread with knitting needles or on a machine.
- Form a close relationship with others.
Old english cnyttan, of germanic origin; related to dutch knutten and german knütten.
- She knitted a warm scarf for her husband.
- The grandmother sat by the fire, knitting a blanket for her grandchild.
- The company is trying to knit together its various divisions into a unified whole.
- The group of friends often get together to knit and chat.
- She knitted her eyebrows in confusion.
Some random words: inadmissible, noblewoman, evoke