- A line of people, vehicles or other things waiting for something.
- A set of instructions or data that is waiting to be processed.
- A hairstyle in which the hair is worn long and gathered up in the back, usually in a ponytail.
The word "queue" is derived from the latin word "coda", which means tail. the word came into english in the early 17th century and originally referred to a line of people waiting for something, like a line of people waiting to see a king or queen.
- There was a long queue at the post office.
- She joined the queue for the bus.
- The waiting time for the queue was over an hour.
- The computer system was slowed down by a large queue of data.
- She wore her hair in a queue, tied with a ribbon.
Some random words: glaciation, cuckold, compliant