A deep, wet, and loose sand that can easily suck in anything standing or stepping on it.
From old english cwic "alive" + sand "sand".
- Be careful walking near the shoreline, there might be quicksand.
- He got stuck in quicksand and had to be rescued.
- Quicksand is a natural hazard that can be found in some coastal areas.
- The quicksand is formed by ground water saturating the sand and making it unstable.
- Quicksand is not as common as it is portrayed in movies and TV shows.
Some random words: overcompensate, begetter, shoeshine