A fruit of a small tree (Cydonia oblonga) of the rose family, having yellowish-green, fragrant fruit that is hard and sour until fully ripe and used for preserves and jelly.
Middle english quins, from old english cwiȝn, from latin cotōneum malum quince, from greek kotōneion malon.
- The quince is a close relative of the apple and pear.
- Quince is a traditional component of Mediterranean cuisine.
- Quince jelly is a common condiment in many countries.
- The quince tree is a deciduous tree with a spreading habit.
- Quince is also used to make a traditional liqueur called membrillo.
Some random words: sorrow, minuteman, preservationist