- To start burning again.
- To start or renew something that was previously active or intense.
The word reignite comes from the combination of two words re (again) and ignite which means to start burning again or to start again something that was previously active.
- The fire was reignited by the strong winds.
- The company's new campaign reignited interest in the product.
- The recent events have reignited the debate about immigration.
- The couple's love reignited after several years of estrangement.
- The treaty was reignited after it was almost forgotten.